[ SHOWGSD-L ] Ultrasound~ miracle

  • From: Marcia Hadley <blackoaks01@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:55:06 -0400 (EDT)

The discussion on ultrasound reminded me of my friend's bitch Serena.
Serena was a gorgeous girl with 14 points & both majors. her owners tried
repeatedly
to get her bred, on three separate occasions using live cover, and A.I. none of
which
were successful. As a last attempt they borrowed my Lothario grandson, Joey,
and took
him home with them for a week, and he achieved a short outside tie with Serena.
At 25 days the owners did an ultrasound. there were three babies, At five weeks
into
the pregnancy, Serena torsioned. Surgery was performed, and her stomach was
tacked.
The vet did not hold out much hope for the babies. At 8 1/2 weeks a second
ultrasound
was performed. I was there for that one. There were her three live babies. You
could see their
little faces so clearly. It was so miraculous. One of Serena's sons became the
support dog for
the owner's handicapped wife. He makes it all worth it. His registered name:
"Heaven Can Wait.'
I think ultrasound is safe, and so cool.          Marcia