[ SHOWGSD-L ] URGENT RESCUE OH PLEASE HELP

  • From: Karen4paws@xxxxxxx
  • To: SHOWGSD-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, GSD_Today@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, wcornett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Kandismom@xxxxxxx, ohioshelterrescue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, gsdrescue@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:26:59 EST

We rescued two GSDs that were abandoned in a field when their owner moved.
We got them dog houses and straw until we could get them out. We got one
neutered and vetted and into a foster home and thought we had a home for both.
We
had everything set to transfer the new dogs to the adoptive home when we
received an email back from the landlord stating this family could only have
OUTSIDE dogs. We rescued these dogs from fields where they were left chained
out
with no contact and no love. They lied to us on their application, they lied
to  the volunteer who did the home visit and they lied straight out about their
 landlord. thank goodness, through the years I have become a very leary
rescue  person so I never skip on the policies and made contact with the
landlord
who  said the people were allowed to have dogs outside in a dog house but not
in the  house at all. We got the second dog out of the field yesterday and he
is being  neutered today. The family was going to come tonight to get them.
Most of you  probably heard about the snowstorms in the Midwest. there is no
way
we can take  Tango back to that field. By a miracle from God, someone at my
vet canceled a  large run so we are taking him there temporarily. He is
neutered, fully vetted,  HW negative, definitely 100% GSD, 3 year old male.
Please if
you have room in  your rescue we would transfer him completely vetted on our
tab, if you have room  in your home or kennel and can house him temporarily we
will pay the expenses  (i.e., provide food, medical care), and/or if you know
of someone looking for a  large male (100 pounds) please contact us per the
info below. We have pictures  on the website at
_http://4pawsforability.org/available.htm_
(http://4pawsforability.org/available.htm)       Look  at TANGO and CASH

Karen Shirk, 4 Paws For Ability, Inc. and 4 Paws GSD Rescue
_www.4pawsforability.org_ (http://www.4pawsforability.org/)
karen4paws@xxxxxxx
253 Dayton Avenue, Xenia, Ohio 45385
937-374-0385  937-602-9448