[ SHOWGSD-L ] UPDATE Re: has anyone ever seen a reaction to oxcytocin?????? HELP

  • From: "Rebecca Little" <pbgs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2007 11:18:42 -0400

Just thought I would let every one know that all is fine at this time. Tula
is doing good and her one pup is doing good too.....we did loose 4 sadly
during our ordeal. The vet feels that this was NOT a reaction to the
oxytocin since it is such a simple med but feels the bottle was
contaminated. We of course are throwing that bottle away. His suggestions
were to rebreed her have a NEW bottle of oxytocin and he would give me epi
and prednisone to have on hand just incase she indeed does have an issue
with the oxytocin which he seriously doubts. It would be VERY interesting to
hear what everyone else's vets say about reactions to oxytocin. I am just
glad she is back to herself and had a nice big breakfast:)
Rebecca Little
Peakes Brook German Shepherds
http://sites.centralpets.com/mammals/peakesbrookgsd/index.html