[ SHOWGSD-L ] UNSUNG HEROS/ please read

  • From: "Rpbert Grady" <bobgrady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 15:00:54 -0700

First of all I want to congratulate all the winners at this years National.
Second:  Kathy, I hope your Kobe is OK.  If in fact some one drugged your
dog, let's take their private parts off, male or female.  Everyone is giving
Kudo's to Lanalee and her crew for the streaming video  I totally agree. She
did a great job, she should be a director in
 Hollywood.  From what I am reading; everyone seems to have loved the
judging, I am one of them.  Of course most of us would have changed some of
the placings, but we were not in the center of the ring.  I, as a judge,
have a great deal of respect for what Bob did in withholding ribbons for
lack of temperament, that took guts. WTG Bob.

NOW TO THE POINT OF MY POST:  THE UNSUNG HEROS

The Judges gave credit for 2 of the stewards at the dinner. I have no
problem with that, but, they missed a few names.  The people out front get a
lot of credit, but the people behind the scene need some reconization.  I
would like to give it to them:

Vinnie, Mimi, and Sharon at the ready ring.  The unsung heroes getting all
the bibs handed out and collected....you have no idea how much work that is.

Dick Jones,  What would I do without him.  He does what ever ask even before
ask and more.

This was my first year as Chief Ring Steward, most likely my last. (hope I
didn't screw it up to much) No way anyone can replace the Lovely Irene. (
We, at least I, miss you lady)  I had a great crew that you have set up over
the years.  I want to thank all of you.  You guys are the best.

Karen Wagner,  Who should be the Chief Ring Steward.

Dick Jones, my all-around right hand man, he does everything ask, and more,
and we agree on dogs  lol

Nancy Harper, my Southern Bell.  Hehe  you done good girl. She didn't work
that much this year because she had a pretty good time showing.  WTG Lady.
We also agree on dogs.  Maybe it would be good to have the three of us doing
a NATIONAL.  We agree  so much on dogs..  That was not asking for the
assignment AKC....lol

Tom, doing double duty this year.he and Karen got their kudos at the dinner.
These other people need a hugh pat on the back.  Love you all, and great
job.

I WOULD BE REMISE IF I DID NOT MENTION:  MAX THOMPSON.  It seemed that
everytime we needed trophies or ribbons I would start to go upstairs to get
them they were at the table. The man seemed to be every where and never set
down, he was always on the spot, even though we never seemed to see him.
THANK YOU MAX.

Bob Grady