[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Two passings of special note to the So Calif area

  • From: Kmgraphic2@xxxxxxx
  • To: rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Jun 2010 22:42:10 EDT

i am so very sorry to hear of rudy's passing.  he was a sweet  character of
a man who was always fun to be around.  in the old days, rudy  gave us many
a good laugh after Wednesday night handling classes - he would  start to
tell some story about some "stud" or "bitch", in the middle of a  crowded
restaurant.  the more excited rudy got, the more exuberant he  became.  it
usually wasn't long before the other customers were sitting in  shocked silence
as we all enjoyed rudy's dog stories.  he will be  missed.
diane
Diane  Silver-Strasser
Silstra German Shepherds
_Skatiebug'z_ (http://skatiebugz.shutterfly.com/)  The online store for
everything German Shepherd and then some!
_http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com_ (http://skatiebugz.blogspot.com/)
Skater's Blog

In a message dated 6/19/2010 6:17:41 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi  Everyone
I wanted to pass along some information to those of you that may  not have
heard about
two wonderful GSD exhibitors and fanciers that we  have lost fairly recently
here in Southern CA.
The first , Rudy  Signorelli.
Rudy was a longtime exhibitor / fancier in our breed, who's  brother Victor,
I believe is still active in showing
back  East.
Despite health problems, Rudy would often come with us to dog shows,  and
watch and catch up on the "who's who".
We spend many afternoons with  him, at our home and going to lunch.  Hunter
and Kaitlyn just adored  him.
Rudy had hoped to get back into showing, but his health wouldn't  allow
it.    But plans, oh yes he made plans.
We only learned  of his passing this past weekend.   We are very sad to lose
such  a kind man from our lives.
The next is Kay Calland (San Diego)   formerly Kay Borounda (sp?)   This
lovely lady was one of the  very first to
recognize the enormous talents of two , then teenages   Ken and Bill Tank.
She always spoke so highly of
watching them work with  dogs , even as kids....
Kay suffered with rhuematoid arthritis and despite  tremendous pain on some
days ALWAYS had a kindness to
say, and love to  send to others.  We last heard from her, when she called
give her  love to Kaitlyn a few weeks ago,
after Kaitlyn came home from surgery for a  broken femur.   Kay said she
loved you, which was often , she  MEANT it.
She was a sweet and gentle soul.

To Victor's and Kay's  families we send our love and deepest sympathy.  We
will miss them  both.
Love
Ken, Kathy and the children

--
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
PUP-DATED:  MARCH 24,  2010

CH. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
CH.  Victory's Leviathan
CH. Garter's E-Male of Fran-Jo Anne  Isle

"Victory... There's Something In a  Name"

POST  is Copyrighted 2010.  All material remains the property of the

For assistance,  please contact the List Management at admin@xxxxxxxxxxx

VISIT OUR  WEBSITE - http://showgsd.org