[ SHOWGSD-L ] Troublemakers?

  • From: "Cyndy" <cyndy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2008 12:38:33 -0500

Barbara Amidon wrote:
>I try to stay quiet but understand why some are upset ..The group of 17

>caused a lot of trouble and money to the parent club..Should they then be

>allowed to be on committees etc???I think not..This is a DOG CLUB SO why so

>many chose to participate in going after board members etc..It shows how

>crazy people are becoming..I feel a handler should do Junior showmanship

>its about the handlng not the dog..Gail Hardcastle always does things well

>,,Barbara

> www.amber-german-shepherds.com

Barbara,

Regardless of whether I agree with what the 17 did or not, the GSDCA
constitution and bylaws gives them the right to file charges, and I support
that right. If people were to live in fear of speaking out, where would the
United States be today?

Some once thought George Washington and Thomas Jefferson were crazy---Martin
Luther King, Rosa Parks, there are countless others who question "the
system". Does that make them crazy or bad people? No, the US Constitution
and the GSDCA constitution and bylaws give us a right to our own opinion.

Sure they can participate on committees, why not? Should we not allow anyone
who has ever filed charges against another member to serve on a committee?
Really? You really think that?  That's like saying anyone in the USA who has
ever filed a lawsuit against another cannot get a job?..does that make sense
to you?

Yes, we are about the dogs, but we are also about the people.without the
people there would be no dog shows and no club.

Cyndy Davis

www.texasdogs.com