[ SHOWGSD-L ] Triangle Critique...Long

  • From: Windwalkergsds@xxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 11:46:15 EST

Hi gang.  All rested up from the Triangle shows and thought I would share the
thoughts running thru my mind....
   First, huge thanks to the Shoreline club for inviting me to judge.  The
hospitality was wonderful, the show site was super (thanks to Valerie
Harrington
and her valiant efforts in finding a new site) and when I walked into the
building I could feel the warmth and comraderie of the exhibitors, anxious to
have a good time and be back at a dog show.
    It was a show of surprises for me...(I mean other than seeing Flower Boy
there. lol.) For instance, I have never been particularly fond of solid
blacks...have seen a couple over the years that I liked but they've never been
favorite.  My Winners Dog was Scher-Lo's Marko Von Karizma....a black with
extraordinary presence, large bone and substance, aloof and regal but very
approachable.  He is very balanced in proportion, has a good back, length and
slope of
croup.  In motion, he covers alot of ground and moves with power and grace.  I
was surprised and pleased to find that he was sired by the WD from the day
before, who I had given points to last year.
    My Winners Bitch, Scherlo's All American Girl.....first
impression....can't use her, she's too big.  First time around the ring, I'm
thinking, too bad
she's so big because she is really a mover.  Second time around...OK, she's
big, but look at that period of suspension!  To shorten this critique, by the
time she took her last lap in the Winners class, I was thinking, I HAVE to use
her because she is absolutely an effortless mover, covering twice as much
ground as any behind her, her back is solid, she is totally balanced and not
working at this at all, in fact she was just warming up.  Her character is
impeccable (she's one of those that smiles) and that made her beautiful to me.
Again,
I was surprised to learn that she is  a 1/2 sister to my Winners Dog.
   My Best of Breed was the Veteran Bitch, Ch. Eko-Lan's Havoc of Merivern,
and I was absolutely taken with her beauty, presence and durability.  She will
be nine years old in October and is one of the most beautiful bitches I have
seen and still takes that ring like a youngster!  One of the great ones, as
far as I'm concerned and I will always remember the look in her eyes....she
knows she is wonderful.
   Best Opposite was Ch. Utopia's Let Freedom Ring and I was delighted to see
him again.  He is only getting better, still moves around the ring with "four
off the floor" and was in beautiful, buffed-up condition.  He seemed glad to
be back at a dog show too.
    Best Puppy was Caralon QED DeRouse Bad to the Bone, from the 6-9 class.
What a cutie and so accomplished for her tender age!  Dark, pretty, balanced,
I predict she will finish very easily.
    The overall quality at this show was super and decisions were difficult.
My Reserves were so deserving of points as were many at this show.  I will be
watching their careers with joy.
    A final thanks to my lovely ring steward, Betty, and to Todd Vigor for
assisting at the table and keeping me organized.  Also for making me eat supper
before leaving to the airport.  :-)
    My best to you all.
    Jamie