[ SHOWGSD-L ] Traffic

  • From: Tindrock1@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2010 21:14:56 EDT

Pauline said:  Atlanta traffic is comprised of a large percentage of
idiots...God  only knows
how some of them got their drivers license;  some of them act like  they
wandered onto the interstate without  intending to and they drive across
all
four-five lanes of traffic to  the far acceleration lane, there they stay
slightly about the min MPG  and quite frankly I think they are clueless and

totally petrified and  do not have any idea how to get off...

I must add my 2 cents again.  I have lived in the Atlanta area now for
almost 3 years and every day I am amazed at the idiots on the road.  No one
lets you merge into another lane; in fact, they speed up down here so you
can't get in another lane.  Every day it is a challenge to drive in  Atlanta,
that is why I leave at 6:15 am to go to work, before the majority of  the
idiots get on the road.  The other challenge in Atlanta is the lack of  good
highway systems.  Most of our driving down here is on secondary roads  at
35-40 mph.  It takes forever to get somewhere.  The other  challenging thing is
that when you get to an intersection, if you turn left,  that road has one
name, and if you turn right, the road has another name.   It is not like
going east or west on the 'same' road because that doesn't exist  down here.
It
is very confusing to drive in the Atlanta area.  I can  say this with
resolve because I am originally from the Boston area and I never  had a problem
negotiating my way around Boston-Providence or anywhere on the  East Coast.
When I moved to Syracuse, NY, we had the illustrious NY  Thruway where you
can get just about anywhere in NY efficiently.  Plus we  had Interstate 81
and 2 by-passes around Syracuse.  Another challenge in  Atlanta, and then I
will stop, is that there is no such thing as a parallel  road.  So if you miss
a turn, and then take the next turn, it takes you  somewhere far away from
your original destination.  In other words, there  is absolutely no grid
system of roads in Atlanta.  But, a plus of living in  Atlanta is that the
Quality of Life is real good, what with the weather being so  nice all year
round.  So, I will just continue to deal with the idiots and  the idiotic road
system down here.  It sure beats the 200 inches of snow in  upstate NY!!!!!
Thanks for listening, Cheryl  Olson/Tindrock