[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tornados......in Southern CA???

  • From: "Kathy Tank" <rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 14:24:20 -0300

Well, I have seen some bizarre weather in So Cal, Folks, but yesterday
topped them all....
it was rainy-ish and chilly and stormy for the morning, then a break, just
long enough to buy hay/ feed
and get it home dry....
around 5 pm in the afternoon, we had the Civil Defense EBS signal come on
the TV...
A TORNADO WARNING for our area.   HUH??????????  I told Ken, "There's one on
the ground!!"'
Yup about 5 miles north of us, moving south, right at us...two of the damn
things.
Ok, rushing now,trying to remain calm,, while
I am runnng like hell,  locking all dogs in crates, listening, watching, and
wondering since we have no basement,
or storm cellar, where to go?   Ok, the big cement pipe in the culvert that
goes under the driveway, large enough
to hold us all about 3 ft in diameter, 30 feet long and buried under the
driveway......oh boy.   The dog crates were
also looking pretty good, but could we fit Ken into a 500 with one of the
dogs?
Lightening, hail, wind, rain, .....the twisters, pulled up and went west at
the last possible second....reappearing nine miles
west of us .
Hunter had every stuffed animal he could carry, and was relieved his fish
were ok, lolol
Ken and I finished the adventure with a glass of wine or two....
California....always full of surprises, lol

Kathy
http://www.victorygermanshepherds.com
Ch. Elvaston's Nations Cup TC, 26 BOBs
Ch. Victory's Leviathan