[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tom gives us ideas

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2006 23:40:07 EST

In a message dated 1/8/2006 3:26:38 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
Gsdman2@xxxxxxx writes:
I  believe the Reserve winners should
compete against each other at the  national just before the Fut/Mat finals.
The
winners of that would  then go on to compete in the finals.  Since there is
only
one  Futurity Victor, one Futurity Victrix, one Maturity Victor, and one
Maturity Victrix, only the best of the Reserve dogs and bitches need to be
in the
finals to end up with the same potential  results.

What struck me as interesting is the idea of two competitions.  How about we
have the Winners compete, then the winner competes against the  Reserves.
That way we would know how good the Best in Futurity actually  is?

Let them compete against each other, the judge will tell us  who is the best.
 This last year I know a number of Reserves that were as  good if not better
than the winners.  They both got to compete with the  judge not knowing which
one was the Reserve. It made for interesting  results.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together