[ SHOWGSD-L ] Toenails ???

  • From: grnram415@xxxxxxx
  • To: Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 22:56:32 -0400

Hi All,
Awhile ago there was a thread about toenails that fall off.? I don't remember
if anyone ever posted what caused it or how to treat it.? This afternoon, one
of my girls presented me with a bloody foot.? I went back in her run and found
the entire outside of the toenail on the ground.? It's just the quick or inside
left on her foot.? I looked and looked to see if she got it caught on anything
but there was no evidence of that.? Yesterday she seemed to be favoring that
foot a bit but I had no clue it was her toenail.? I guess it was bothering
her.? She wanted to play today but that was out of the question with a bloody
foot.? It seems tender but the bleeding has stopped and she doesn't seem too
concerned about it.

What, if anything did you do to treat it?? Did you bandage the paw or use
neosporin or anything?? Does anyone know what causes this?

Thank you,

Laura Thomas
AOL at AOL.com.