[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: To Sit or not that is the question....a sitting judge.

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx, rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 1 Dec 2007 09:15:39 -0800 (PST)

I know from taking pictures that you have a better view of side gait sitting in
a chair. Much better position to take a pictures.

  Terry
VPREZHMF@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 12/1/2007 9:49:33 A.M. Central Standard Time,
rbuffdogs@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Had a very "unique" experience at the Long Beach KC yesterday. A Ms.
Kanzler very nice lady, SAT
in a chair , next to the judges' table to judge the entirety of GSDs....go
round, down and back , temperment,
and individuals....it was the strangest thing I have ever seen, lol. The
dogs took it all in stride, but it was

Kathy--Where in the world have you been--for at least the last 10yrs since
the Rheumatoid arthritis has crippled me,I've been doing much of my judging
that way. I do the exam, and down and back ,sitting,but then get up on my
walker for the "round the ring gaiting".And this is for all breeds ,including
GSDs. Maybe you are too young to remember,but Marie Leary judged our National
one year,and got tired--took a chair ,put it in the middle of the ring,sat
down,announced that they could "bring the dogs to her"Judged the whole Intersex
that way. In my case most of the dogs jump up into my lap--INCLUDING GSDs, I
don't know the woman,but it might be a temporary thing,. AKC wouldn't dare
to interfere( disable persons act) Last spring I did 174 dogs and BIS on Sat.,
at Dubuque KC,and 69 dogs and three Groups on Sunday Two weeks ago I judged
Mpls KC and next weekend Granite City KC. I cutting way back, at my age,and
restricting my assignments to local( 5 state) shows now. I personally feel
you can exam a dog better sitting down. You are right there at their level,but
for the first 40 yrs I did it the customary way--Whichever way-- I love
judging ,the dogs, and most of the dog people. and in my travels to judge in
foreign countries,found that we dog people are all the same. You have friends
,whether you know it or not,in all dog people. By the way were you satisfied
with
her judging?? Helen Miller Fisher

products.