[ SHOWGSD-L ] Titer's vs. the updated Vaccinations

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 10 Jan 2015 16:10:19 -0700

Will all or most vet's agree to titer testing vs. continued vaccinations? I
believe titer testing is very pricey? If crossing over to Can., etc., having
to show proof of vac's will a titer confirmation be sufficient? And thank
you everyone for your input to this.

Kathy Partch www.JoKaySedona.com <http://www.jokaysedona.com/>

Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2015 3:11 PM
To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Over vaccinating our animals?

While I agree about over vaccinating, it sure is hard to exist in society
with vets pushing so hard for it.  Most vets here won't have you as a
patient if you won't do the annual visit and shots.  And God forbid if you
want to ever board!  And, of course, my vet always uses to line that since
this is memphis, disease is rampant, especially parvo.  That scares me, of
course, so I end up following suit.  It is a real racket.  Cynthia