[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tips when flying with our dogs (soon to be a thing of the p...

  • From: LBaird1608@xxxxxxx
  • To: InquestGSD@xxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2007 11:11:43 EDT

In a message dated 10/9/2007 10:57:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
InquestGSD@xxxxxxx writes:

Or  start showing Chihuahuas, and put them under the seat in front of
you....LOL

Great Thread.

Ileana

Or do what one of my super owners did <G>  Certify them  and they can ride
with you in the passenger cabin!!  Here's the letter all  about "Ari" UAG1 UCD
Sturdevants Anvil Revarie OFA  CDX RE HT CGC TDI, Working SAR dog, and her
airline flight  recently to NJ from FL and back again :))

      Subj: Ari Flew to NJ   Date: 8/31/2007 3:02:26 PM Eastern Daylight Time
 From: _anvilacres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:anvilacres@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)   To:
_LBAIRDGSD@xxxxxxxx (mailto:LBAIRDGSD@xxxxxxx)   Sent from the Internet
_(Details)_ (aolmsg://03652770/inethdr/2)

I went to my Mothers 75 Birthday a week ago in  NJ.  Decided to fly as Glenn
was not able to drive, and decided to go by  myself.  Ari accompanied me as my
Service Dog.  Spirit Airlines was  not helpfull at all, but we managed
because people were so shocked and happy to  see a dog on the plane that they
helped
me by moving their seats so Ari had some  room to lie down.  She slept thru
both flights, and on the way to NJ I  got up to go to the bathroom and she
never even knew I left.

Ari doesn't trust stairs anymore, I tired to  get her to go down the
escalator, NO WAY!  Some how I managed to go back up  the few steps I went down
with
out falling, and we took the stairs.  But  now she checks out all stairs real
well, they might move you  know.<G>

I am so proud of her, she was the perfect lady the  whole trip.  In the
shuttle to the airport from the hotel in Orlando, thru  both airports, shuttle
car in NJ, shuttle back to hotel in Orlando.   Only barked at a guy going thru
security because TSA pulled him aside and was  using the wand.  She didn't
like that for some reason. TSA asked if  she knew something they didn't.  then
she barked at a K9 in  NJ but ignored 2 K9's on Orlando.  As you know she has a
big  mouth.

Such a joy to live with, except for the  mouth.<G>  My friend says she is
just too big for her britches, so we  use the bark collar to help her with her
manners.<G>

Can't thank you both enough for sucha wonderful  dog!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love,
Donna

Patrick  & Lorrie Patricelli
_Sturdevant Shepherds_ (http://www.sturdevantshepherds.com/)