[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Timing is everything...

  • From: sheila lieberman <dgshwpromo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 06:16:25 -0700 (PDT)

What would really help new handlers would be more matches!!!!  I got all my
training in matches as a kid and when I was up against the pro's I was ready
and comfortable.

  When I went back in the ring as an adult, I felt like  kid for the first
several times, but I got over it.

  I showed a champion for the late Angie Hardesty and got BOB and BOS one
weekend, and that was near the beginning for my handling as an adult.

  If my back allowed, I would still be handling for others, then I could have a
really good time at shows.

  So why not more matches?  Ok, I can answer that, too expensive to put on now
a days.  Space costs too much.
  sheila
ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 6/12/2007 1:36:34 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
gsdjack@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Can we "postpone", even for a day or two, any issue regarding Paul Root on
this list, except for prayers and support for him and his family? That was
Jennifer's request last night to all of us on this list - the Root family
needs our love right now...

Enough has been said. No one shoud doubt my feelings for Paul, and I will
ask anyone who wants to continue to complain, substitute my name in his place.
I am healthy, rested tanned and able to take it.

I will give us something new to talk about.

Carol Moore came up to me at the show on Sunday to discuss the amateur
futurity. She took exception to my position that the amateur futurity served no
purpose. She pointed out to me that they brought a young lady to the futurity,
who didn't feel able to compete with the professionals, so she entered the
amateur futurity instead.

I listened carefully, then pointed out that the lady who handled the Best of
Breed Dog on Saturday was in 10th grade in highschool, had never attended a
specialty show before, and was in with all the professionals. I told Carol
that rather than "dumb down" a show to allow insecure handlers to have a venue,
we should stand behind them and give them a swift kick in the pants as they
entered the ring in the regular futurity.

Evan

Asgard German Shepherds
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

Get the free Yahoo! toolbar and rest assured with the added security of spyware
protection.