[ SHOWGSD-L ] Time to Mute the Messenger

  • From: lewieb@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 21:54:39 -0400

As you know, it is not my custom to post to the List.? I do not have time for
the?endless typing debates.? However, the post from Evan titled Ques & Answers
is just so wrong and full of misinformation I had to respond.

1.? My phone started ringing this morning asking about the secret Executive
Committee meeting that was held last night.? Now first of all let me tell you I
was with Nicky and ten other people having a private dinner with Frank White
#20, Second Baseman of the KC Royals when they won the World Series, and
nothing could have forced me away from that dinner.? So, NO, there was no
Executive Committee Meeting.

2.? The Lamar Kuhns Award, the Lloyd Brackett Award and the Roll of Honor are
discussed in Executive Session of the Board.? The selections are kept secret
until the Victory Dinner.? Now here is Evan posting the winner which is bad
enough but to claim the Executive Committee is going to take away this award
from Billy is just not only not true it is just plain cruel to even post such a
thing.? I called Marilyn to tell her the truth and of course she was upset, I
really do not like to hear anyone cry especially when it is?over something so
cruel and untrue.? Wonder which Board member violated the Executive Session
Rules and told Evan about the Award Winners?? Wonder when he will post the
other winners and spoil that surprise too.

3.? Evan also reports that Carolyn received some charges.? Wonder why anyone
would send them to Carolyn, they are supposed to go to the Corresponding
Secretary, (Sharon) and then be forward to the President.? Yes, I have been
told by the person who filed the charges they were filed but Sharon has not
sent them to me yet, today is September 15, I don't know when Sharon received
the charges but I can assure you I did NOT tell her to hold on to any charges.?
What I did say was that she should not discuss them with anyone. Charges are
supposed to be forwarded in a timely manner not held by anyone for any reason.

4.? The 2007 Executive Committee was duly nominated by Dania, properly
seconded?and approved by the Board.? Please don't think this Board or myself
would allow any Executive Committee or any Committee to function without being
approved.

Evan mentions other items that are just so wrong and untrue but I am not going
to get into a List debate.? I just wonder why anyone would post something so
hurtful to another club member.? There was no reason to make Marilyn cry and I
am appalled that it happened.

This past year has been trying to say the least, we all make mistakes,
sometimes we learn from those mistakes but never has anything relating to our
wonderful Breed and this social dog club is worth the hurt that was dished out
today by someone who was posting misinformation.? I must admit after I
completed organizing the 30 boxes of favors and supplies for the Victory Dinner
so I could see just how big of a trailer I was going to have to rent to haul
everything to Loveland, I wondered why bother and for a brief moment thought
about not even going.? But then I thought why let anything spoil this National
so it was back?to talking, writing and mailing letters to companies proposing
donations for our members who attend the National.

We must stand together and let those who want to cast doom and gloom know they
cannot win by being nasty.

And Marilyn I am so sorry for what happened to you today.

Lew

http://mail.aol.com