[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tia Finishes Brag

  • From: Terry Cochran <fairway97045@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 21:40:47 -0700 (PDT)

Ruth and I went up to Lacy, WA, today and returned home with a new CHAMPION--
  Ch Schatten's Showtime v Fairway, OFA, (GV Bungee and Best in Show Ch
Fairway's TeeTime Bodega, TC OFA, a Ch Jib PT TC OFA daughter). Tia is the
sister to Ch April, who just won another Best of Breed in California.

  Tia looked spectacular today - she definitely decided today was a good day to
finish and went out there and just strutted her stuff! We had decided to take
Gordy along and stop to do some herding on the way home, and I think she wanted
to make sure we knew who was THE IMPORTANT ONE!! She went out there, looked at
the other bitches, and told them they might as well go home!

  After the show we sat there with the handler, Lorry Bellah  and counted up
show weekends that Tia actually was shown - 9 weekends over the course of 14
months from first point to last. And she won at both all-breeds and
specialties, under breeder judges and all-breeders alike. Special thanks also
goes to Cheryl Memah for stepping in the shows that Lorry could not.

   Tuesday she will have a new job -- being a herding dog!! We will see if we
can get her ready for the C-Course National and get her a PT - that's a lot to
ask so quickly, but I know Tia likes sheep.

  To add to the brag -- Gordy had a really good day working sheep today.

  Ruth and I are kicking back and having a beer before heading out and taking
care of dogs here and at home. We have the cutest Margo-RealDeal pups and we
are going to have a puppy fix.

  Thanks goes to Lois Gregor for letting me bring Tia home many moons ago.
  Here is a link to Tia's page. The gating shot was taken by Bill Peterson with
my camera.

  Terry who is smiling in her beer :0)