[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thoughts over coffee

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 10:44:50 -0400

I don't drink coffee, but I do have some thoughts.

I wasn't going to say anything about Hunte, as I don't take pleasure with
anyone who dies. They have families and someone will miss them. Just as I took
no pleasure in the child molester I just sued, then being convicted in his
criminal trial.  His wife called me to give me the verdict, (she is divorcing
him of course), and I didn't know what to say.  "Congratulations" didn't seem
right, to see her husband and father of her children going to jail for the rest
of his life.

So as to Hunte, all I can say is I am pleased he was not a member of the GSDCA,
and I wish his family well.

As to the Whites, I have another take on it.  They are all German shepherds. I
even think they are beautiful dogs.  I admire those who have dedicated
themselves to working against the standard since they believe so strongly in
what they are doing.  (See what being a flaming liberal causes me to do?).  The
breeders of Whites love their dogs, and are hard working honest people.

The GSDCA has decided, white or rong, (yes, I did that on purpose), that they
will remain part of our breed with a DQ in conformation only. I respect that as
I respect the board. That is the current status and I support it.

If it changes in the future, and I am alive to see it, I will support it then
too.  If I am dead, I have no opinion, and I will leave it to others to
determine the impact on the world.

Evan