[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Thoughts on Review

  • From: Kathy Hall <kathy.m.hall@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 16:24:12 -0800 (PST)

Whoops sorry I read that again. Like I said I should not comment!!!
________________________________
#2 below says that the online version would only be available to anyone that
advertises. Why is that? Why not give the membership the option on rather they
would just prefer online or a hard copy? If half says only online mail the
other half (save printing, postage...). I personally have not bought a
newspaper since it went online. I do not stack up reviews- maybe there are
others like me or maybe not, I tend to be alittle different than the norm. I
have not commented for a long time because I tend to get my head bit off- so
PLEASE this is just an idea.

Kathy Hall

P.S. It is a beautiful magazine and I enjoy it, Equally I enjoy Becky Dickson's
website GSDbydesign

>> 1) Control costs for output of as close to an error-free publication as
> possible, both for online and in print.  Controlling costs does not mean
> increasing prices, it means doing the job for the least amount of money as
> possible while getting the highest quality publication.  Further, the more
> paid advertising, especially corporate advertising, in the magazine, the
> more money available which in essence also controls the cost.  To make it a
> value added proposition for the corporate advertiser, for those signing a
> yearly contract, they are given banner ads on the website.
> 2) Have an online version of the magazine which article content is member
> only and where ads are available as either a value added proposition to the
> print ads or available for a small additional price, but only available
> online if you advertise in the print version.  Anything less will kill the
> print version, and I'm sorry, there are too many people like myself who
> enjoy having a printed copy of the Review to not only look at when I first
> get it, but to "review" later as the case may be.  I regularly have Reviews
> easily available to look, several of which are 10-15 years old, and some
> even older than that.  It's important to know where you've been to know
> where you're going.  Perhaps the advertising should be made available to the
> world, because more people who see the ads, make advertising more appealing
> to the advertisers.
> 3) Like you said, there are several programs out there now which convert
> pdfs into online magazine with an actual turn page feel.
>
> In any event, an online Review would be an outstanding addition, 3 years ago
> would have been better than none, but it would be great if we could get it
> soon. IMO.
>
> Kathaleen

> POST is Copyrighted 2009.  All material remains the property of the original

> PROSECUTED.

http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/

End of showgsd-l Digest V4 #255