[ SHOWGSD-L ] Those were the days my friends....

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2006 22:38:01 EST

In a message dated 1/26/2006 1:14:06 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
uwish@xxxxxxxxxx writes:
I picked  up an old Review randomly from a box of many and the issue is
April  1984. and a great critique by Barbara Amidon who had just judged the
bitches at the previous National,

Barbara judged in 1982.  I know because she gave my bitch Winner's  Bitch.  I
don't forget that stuff easily.  I do, however, have a hard  time remembering
my anniversary, the best place to buy gas, what my 7th grade  locker
combination was, and what my homeroom was.

I don't remember algebra or how much I paid for my 1953 Ford. I don't
remember my current phone number, (we might move some day again) or what I was
supposed to deduct for lunches for last year.

I have forgotten why I enjoyed these past years friendship with Paul, or
what it was Ed's wife was so upset over that she put a contract out on me. I
can't remember who put the pop-she-pop in the rama-lama- dind dong, or who was
Lamont Kranston.  I have forgotten the name of the head of the Cavindish  gang
who tried to kill the Lone Ranger, or the true name of the Green  Lantern.

But I remember going Winner's Bitch at the 1982 national and having her
litter mate Dakota go Reserve Winner's dog at 14 months, and finishing Destiny
at
that show, and not knowing it for about an hour when the shock wore  off.

Best of all, it was Barbara who did it.  That I remember.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together