[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thor (the dog on the wall) needs transport to Maryland from Pa!

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Oct 2007 10:08:04 -0700 (PDT)

Thor, (you will all remember him as the dog on the wall) needs transport to
Shepherds to Love in Baltimore MD who has commited to him! Cila is taking on
alot by taking Thor in as he needs specialized care to gain his strength back.
He is still only 63 pounds, tho his foster mom Jodi Bobin, has unflaggingly
been cooking for him and working hard at getting him whole and healthy. We at
Last Hope/Safe Haven want to thank her for stepping up for this boy and giving
him sanctuary in his time of crisis! He now needs to move into Rescue while
there is a space available for him! Thor had been neglected for SO long, that
getting him to the adoptable level will take quite awhile. We have committed to
helping Cila with this.
If ANYONE on this list can assist with this transport, PLEASE contact me asap.
Cila is offering to drive the last leg of the journey....can anyone help with
the first?
We need to get him to Maryland before the slot is filled with another dog!!!!
thank you for allowing me to post this!!!!

                            1:                           Start out going EAST
on 4TH ST toward RIVER AVE.                           <0.1 miles
          Map

                         2:                           Turn LEFT onto RIVER AVE.
                          0.2 miles                          Map

                         3:                           Turn LEFT onto HENRY
MANCINI MEMORIAL BRIDGE.                           0.1 miles
      Map

                         4:                           Turn LEFT onto HOPEWELL
AVE / PA-51. Continue to follow PA-51 S.                           4.8 miles
                      Map

                         5:                           Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto
LAUREL RD / PA-151. Continue to follow PA-151.                           2.9
miles                          Map

                         6:                           Merge onto PA-60 S toward
PITTSBURGH.                           12.5 miles                          Map

                         7:                           Merge onto US-22 E /
US-30 E.                           9.8 miles                          Map

                         8:                           Merge onto I-376 E /
US-22 E via EXIT 6A toward MONROEVILLE.                           14.4 miles
                      Map

                         9:                           Merge onto I-76 E /
PENNSYLVANIA TURNPIKE via EXIT 15 (Portions toll).
105.5 miles                          Map

                         10:                           Merge onto I-70 E via
EXIT 161 toward BREEZEWOOD / BALTIMORE / WASHINGTON D C (Portions toll).
                   2.2 miles                          Map

                         11:                           Take the US-30 W exit.
                        0.1 miles                          Map

                         12:                           Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto
I-70 / US-30 / LINCOLN HWY.                           0.3 miles
         Map

                         13:                           Turn LEFT onto I-70 E
(Crossing into MARYLAND).                           114.0 miles
         Map

                         14:                           Take the I-695 exit-
EXIT 91B-A- toward I-95 N / NEW YORK / TOWSON / I-95 S / BALTIMORE / GLEN
BURNIE.                           0.4 miles                          Map

                         15:                           Merge onto I-695 S /
BALTIMORE BELTWAY OUTER LOOP via EXIT 91A toward I-95 S / BALTIMORE / GLEN
BURNIE.                           5.2 miles                          Map

                         16:                           Merge onto I-95 N via
EXIT 11A toward BALTIMORE.                           3.9 miles
        Map

                         17:                           Merge onto I-395 N via
EXIT 53 toward M L KING BLVD / DOWNTOWN.                           1.4 miles
                      Map

                         18:                           Take the CONWAY ST exit.
                          0.1 miles                          Map

                         19:                           Stay STRAIGHT to go onto
W CONWAY ST.                           0.2 miles                          Map

                         20:                           Turn LEFT onto LIGHT ST
/ MD-2 N. Continue to follow MD-2 N.                           0.4 miles
                  Map

                   21:                         End at  Baltimore, MD US
                                           Map

                             Total Est. Time:  4 hours, 48 minutes     Total
Est. Distance: 279.37 miles

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to: