[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: This is today, yesterday is what you chose to remember, and tomorrow is best

  • From: Colleen Donnelly <gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: ELG440@xxxxxxx, Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Dec 2004 02:34:26 -0500 (EST)

I asked for your statistics on how it was better. And this is what you come
back with?

 "If we have made the breed worse, then all the hard work of breeders and
exhibiters for the last 50 years was a waste."

Sounds like a politician.ugh. Everybody got stroked.

ELG440@xxxxxxx wrote:

In a message dated 11/30/2004 5:51:08 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
gsdsforlife@xxxxxxxx writes:
Ohhhh come on! You're wrong Evan. The health of this breed is NOT better
from "years ago". You must be looking at this from your own little corner. Take
in the BIG picture and you will see.....

Everyone sees the glass the way they want. I wonder if a vote might show
what people think. If we have made the breed worse, then all the hard work of
breeders and exhibitors for the last 50 years was a waste.

Which of use has been breeding to ruin the breed?

There was a time there was no OFA, and no one knew about bad hips.

There was a time when bad bites finished.

There was a time when a dog that growled in the ring, was accepted.

There was a time when a few judges judged all the shows, and a few breeders
won all the points.

That was then, this is now, and I prefer now.

Evan
_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament come together

POST is Copyrighted 2004. All material remains the property of the original

The only way to understand & estimate the nature of the dog is to study his
whole development. Such a task requires a sympathetic, dog-loving observer, who
tries as far as possible to enter into the innermost mind of the dog, and who
will know how to short-circuit all his purely human points of view. --Max von
Stephanitz