[ SHOWGSD-L ] This came across my desk today...I want to cry.

  • From: Dawn Restuccia <windwych@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: gsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 18:59:58 -0700 (PDT)

(This dog is a stunning sable GSD gal...with the most worried face I have seen
in a long time...imagine how she feels loosing all her babies and being thrust
into a shelter? She is quite thin and will need an experienced GSD person to
bring her around...any takers? I know everyone is rushing off to the National,
but if you would like to commit to her
Canine Pet Rescue in Dacula will pull her and put her into boarding. I will
personally cover her board for a few days. This just makes me want to put my
head in my hands and cry..picture available on request.)
Layla

Kennel ID # 10/3-4885

Layla is currently housed at Henry County Animal Care and
Control in McDonough, Georgia.

Her story is pathetic.

Her owners moved 3 weeks ago and left her behind. She has
just weaned pups which are gone, either sold or taken with them we assume.

The neighbors have been feeding Layla expecting the
owners would return and take her but they did not.

She is starving, all her bones are showing. Her milk is
still drying up.

Layla is 3 years old. She is extremely frightened in the
shelter and NOT doing well at all.

We desperately NEED GSD rescue to come to this dogs aid.
I know everyone is full but this dog is in dire need and she is very deserving.

Betsy Merchant~

Henry County Animal Shelter

527 Hamption Street

McDonough, GA 30253

Phone: 770-288-PETS(7387

"She will not be held long, she
is not doing well. She is terrified and vomits up her food. She really needs
help!"

"She is very very sweet but
scared and confused. She hung around Berts legs, she wagged her tail only once,
she was most interested in leaving, very concerned about the kennel noise, she
stays curled up in the back of her run. Truly terrified. I love her, she wants
to get in your lap and be comforted."

Dawn Restuccia, Pres.
Last Hope, Safe Haven
Donations may be made to: