[ SHOWGSD-L ] Things that make you go hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

  • From: "David Fritsche" <d_fritsche@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 15:25:36 -0700

I was just thinking...
Why not put myself in the mind of the White GSD owner, who loves their dogs
and just happens, through no fault of their own <grin>, to like colorless
dogs....

If the standard is changed and white is allowed into conformation what will
that mean to me?
If I enter, the standard will still prefer rich dark colors. I will be
competing against colored dogs who have spent many generations breeding for
movement, the only item that carries a very serious fault, while I have been
breeding for color. I will be competing with people who did not want my
color, or lack thereof, included and under judges who may share that
prejudice. I will be entering a breeding pool that may or may not include me
and my dogs in their breeding program, and I will have to invest how much
money for the privilege?

I don't think so!
The change, if made, may not have any effect on our game anyway!
Just a thought,
Dave
I have decided to start checking my brakes every time I go somewhere (LOL),
but I did want to point out a major problem with the new standard verbiage
presented to The AKC.

Contradictory Statements:
Color "dogs without predominantly black noses are very serious faults"
Disqualifications: "dogs with noses not predominantly black"