[ SHOWGSD-L ] Things I've learned (Helen Franklin)

  • From: "Helen" <helen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 17:13:34 -0800

This will probably get me in trouble with some, but again, it's what I
believe.  And I believe..."It's what's up front that counts!"  In other
words, I believe that the sire and the dam are approximately 80% of the
resulting litter, and the grand sire and dam another 15% of the results, and
remaining 5%...credit whomever.  Going back 5 generations to see what's what
(again in my opinion) is a waste of time.  To be even more controversial, I
believe that usually the dam is 60% of the progeny and the sire 40%. (
That's of the 80%) The better the bitch, the better the litter.  A hundred
years ago I did a research project using the Red Books to prove that theory.
I proved it, but again it's common sense.
Lloyd Brackett said, "Let the sire of the sire be the grandsire of the dam"
( or visa versa) which is: linebreed 2-3.  I did that at least 25 times and
I still believe that it's what's up front that counts.
OK, said my piece.  I won't be at work tomorrow to read the replies but I
bet they'll be fun.
Helen Franklin