[ SHOWGSD-L ] The room

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 19:45:55 EDT

In a message dated 10/25/05 7:26:15 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
I may  have miss-read this room ( our club)...I just don't understand all the
 hostility...

I am committed to not campaigning, and I am not going to change that. On
Thursday, when the final ballots are to be collected, I will address my
thoughts
on the future of the club.

However, I did not miss-read the room. I knew going in there was a certain
hostility based on passion and commitment from some of our members. They are
people who feel a deep abiding desire to do the best they can for our breed,
our  club and the members. They are not evil, they do not desire to destroy our

breed, but they feel strongly that the ideas they have formed are the only
way  to properly serve the GSDCA.  I respect that.

I do disagree, and do not accept the negative things said, and do not feel
they were necessary. But, I have known those who said them, in the most part,
for years. I respect these people and credit them for their zeal.

I stopped today to look over the list of those running for our board.   I see
value in each person and know them all, (except for two) well enough to  know
they will work hard for us and do the very best they can.   I  also know,
come next week we will be laughing together, and enjoying the  greatest show on
earth.

I expect everyone to drop the anger, and enjoy the dogs. I know that is  what
will happen, and for that reason I am looking forward to the show, the
parties, the people and the new memories I will form.

Evan

_Asgard German Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement and Temperament  come together