[ SHOWGSD-L ] The first Futurity class

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: evan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Nov 2005 17:49:24 EST

The Futurity begins. The first thing is that Debbie takes them around  twice.
Oh lord!  They opened the ring and the first one out is  Lesslie.  Jeff
Mobies is standing in front of me, and that isnâ??t so bad,  but Dave Rinke is
next
to him. I see Ben trying to get his breath.  There  are eleven dogs in there,
and Jimmieis talking to Sharree., and Jerry has his  dog, and Bill Tank is in
theres as well. I see Bart has an entry, and everyone  is breathing hard. This
is one big ring.  I see that Patty Breau is  standing next to the ring giving
directions, and Diane Brown is setting her dog.  Leslie is still in there, and
Debbie is taking her around, the crowd seems to  like that dog, Summer
Premeire.  Now, out to the center goes Destry.

Everyone has a chance to get some air, and this dog stands, but seems to
want to look for the owners, not a problem as far as I can see.  Loreen is
standing in front of me now, and there is Ernie and Dottie Weight.  I see
Eddie
Troke talking to Pat Brown who decorated the ring, and it looks better  than
ever before.  The crowd is a bit quiet now, and there goes Dan Smith,  he looks
nervous, and is talking to Leslie, (he owns the dog she is  showing).

Christine Granger is limping by, she broke an ankle and is on crutches.
Thurmond just came by to say hello, we both have Maturity dogs.  Bob is  ring
stewarding again, and in red this part of the show.  Now Scottie goes  out with
Naugatuck, a dark good looking dog of Susie Witmers. He stands for the  camera,
and there goes Ann Barbash.  Watching.

Debbie does the individual, and I canâ??t imagine how she can pick from this
many good looking dogs. Pam Oâ??Dell just walked by with Dean Wylie right
behind.  Down and Back, she asks him to do it again,  and then  around.  It is
quiet
in the ring, and other than the first one, all you  hear is some applause and
bells.

Itâ??s Kentâ??s turn with Army a Rollins son.  No problem with the  individuals
and he sets him up.  Sheree Moses just walked by and Kevin  Renolds is
standing in front of me now. I thinnk everyone needs to get in front  of me at
least
one time. I see Mike Sherman walking around, and Jimmie is  talking to Kevin.

Apollo is in the ring and stands fine, just more individuals.  I went  to say
hello to Kevin Renolds, who looks good.  I did get a hug from Tom  McPheron,
and Debbie Kaser is walking by and there goes Paul Root, looking like  he is
in charge.

Waiting in the ring is Bart with Shock//Nâ??Yall.  He stacks and most of  the
people arenâ??t that interested yet.  Kent is laughing and talking to Tom
Castrioto, who seems to be taking it easy. Norma is there at the side of the
ring.
There are quite a few people here for a Futurity, and next up is Diane  Brown
with Mich a Harrison son.  I saw Many Campt as minute ago, and you  can get to
the ring on three sides, and it is so big, you couldnâ??t get around it
anyway, so three sides seems like enough.  I did see Susie Witmer a minute
ago, and
we continue to move along.  Tiffany Bartly did come by, and I was  told that
Tammy wants to be her for the Studd Dog Class, that would be  fun.

Scottie is waiting to go in with Voodoo Drums, and good looking dog.   So far
I like the movement on Army the best, but there is along way to go.  Everyone
seems to stand just fine for the individual temperament test, it is not  a
problem.  Al Martin is talking to me The crowd likes Voodoo Drums,a nd I  do
too.  Now in the middle is Bronson with Jerry Graham.  Paul just  came by and
said he was the weird stranger for 70 dogs. He does not have much of  a voice
left.  But he looks good..

The Bronson dog is a good one, and the crowd recognizes it.  I think  Debbie
may lke him. Bill tank in is now with Crux Control, a dog he owns with  Will
Guerry and Nichole Daniel, (Nickky) I see Nickky is not showing anything,  she
is one of the better young handlers out there, and has a great future.   Next
up is Ben Bigornia with Daytona a Hoodlum son. I know the dog, and he  should
look good in there.  Good individual, and that is the last dog, so  now Debbie
has to make some choices. It is twenty to five, so this is going to  be a
long evening.  I keep getting more and more nervous.   Will  Guerry came to
talk
to me, says he nees more from California to be here to  cheer.  The crowd
likes Benâ??s dog, and a bit of noise.

There they all go, stacked in a row. Eleven showed up and the gameâ??s afoot.
Gloria Birch is standing ring side now and Debbie goes over to the table and
puts on her glasses and has a notebook in the other hand.  She looks down  the
group and goes to the front from the back and starts to pulls out a coupls,
and tells those six to go around, I am not sure what group that is, but they
look like her keepers.  Now she tells the rest to go around, there are five
there.  In front, if that is the front is Leslie.  First is Summer  Premier
then Naugatuck and third is Army, then Voodoo Drums. Debbie looks over  them
all,
and goes to the front, and she is looking at her first three and tells
number three to move back to fifth.  Now in third is Army.This first group  is
her
keepres and she is looking them all over again.  Now she looks at  the last of
the hopefuls, (but not much).  It looks like she has them in  the order she
wants, and tells them to take a pass. Now some double handling as  they go
around with Leslie giving her 12 foot of lead and she looks all the way  back,
and
thaâ??s it, Nikirees Summer Premiere for the Futurity Dogs._

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together