[ SHOWGSD-L ] The big time

  • From: "Evan Ginsburg" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "elg440@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:32:12 -0400

I remember years ago a famous professional handler
running up on Alycia who was handling our dog. She
made some comment to him and he said, "You're

Summer began when she was nine years old. She had Kierk, and everyone was
helping her learn to handle. Cindy, Bill Basu, Ken and Cathy Tank,  Bob Grady,
Sharlona, even Jimmy when he was there.  I tried to help as best I could.

She was in the 12-18 class at a big specialty, and told me she just wanted to
beat Mr. Bill. She laughed, and always had a smile in the ring. She won the
12-18 class and went in the winners class.  In they went. Bill Basu had the
open dog, Jerry Guzman had the American Bred, and I think Cindy had the Bred by.

Summer won her first major at that show under Bob Grady, from the 12 to 18
class. He pointed to her from her place in line, and we didn't realize it was
over until she grinned from ear to ear.

 Bill Basu was the first to run up to her and hug her, and congratulate her.
But, from that time on, the handlers seemed to take her more seriously.

Evan