[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Wizard of Oz...way ot

  • From: Edwin Hill <edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: freelist <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 23:28:55 -0700 (PDT)

The Wizard of Oz holds the key to life! I know what you 're thinking, you're
thinking FB has finally crashed and burned...well not yet...Tomorrow is
mother's day. Tonight my mother is with me and my wife's mother lives with us.
When I was small, or perhaps I should say when I was young cuz I was never
small, on Mother's Day my large extended family of cousins aunts, uncles and
grandmother would attend church at "Allen Temple Baptist Church" on 85th avenue
in East Oakland. I hated going to church back in those days. My mother always
wanted me to be a preacher...lol...too many personal flaws...anyway I
digress.....The movie Wizard of Oz talks about four keys to life....1. Home,
you need to be grounded or connected to something, family, or church or your
dedication to some worthwhile cause of action, the more the better..2.
Education (the scarecrow needed a brain) unless you are willing to seek
knowledge it will be difficult for you to improve your situation or the events
in
 your life that you believe are important....3 Courage...courage allows you to
take positive risks in life knowing that the possibility of failure does exist.
Courage allows you not to be afraid of rejection and criticism.Courage allows
you to take a stand on an unpopular position because your position is
consistent with your personal integrity...and last but not least is Heart
(Love)...with out a strong sense of love and compassion the first three are
meaningless, the folks that have traveled into and out of our lives, and I am
talking about the ones that touched our "spirit" ,the ones that we have truly
loved help mold us into what and who we are today...this is too long but before
I end it I want to share with you my favorite part of the Wizard of
Oz.......the Wizard is about to give the Tin Man a heart, but before he does he
tells him that... "hearts will never be practical until they can be made to be
unbreakable"...after he gives Tin Man his hearts the Wizard smiles
 at him and says..."remember my fine friend that a heart is not measured by how
much YOU love, but by how much others love YOU"....Happy Mother's
Day..now....if I could only find that yellow brick road......see ya soon
Granny....Ed