[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Weekend from H*LL!!!

  • From: Jessica MacMillan <spotted101@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 09:00:23 -0500

Hi All -

I am so glad to be back at work!!!.

The weekend started out great and was fine until about 3:45 am yesterday
morning when we got a phone call from Don's mom that his dad had been taken by
ambulance to emergency. Jimmy has had some ongoing heart problems and hadn't
been feeling good for a couple of days. Don's mom got up to check on him and he
wasn't breathing very good and a little cool.. She called 911 and got him to
the hospital and then call all of us. Needless to say, when the phone rings at
the hour, you sit up in bed immediately. So we let the dogs out quick and drove
40 minutes to the hospital.

About 8:00 am, my mom calls to tell me that the litter of 2 week old dal pups
she and I are co-breeding have a problem. She got up and two were not breathing
very well, coolish to the touch and dehydrated. She ran them off to the
Reproduction/Vet and both puppies died in her hands on the table. They figure
pneumonia from puppy herpes? Anyone have any experience because a third one was
lost last night. The rest of the litter was all fine this morning and trying to
climb out of the box, so hopefully this is it... Mom has decided she'll need to
think real seriously before doing a litter. I don't EVER remember loosing 2
week old puppies!

And to top it off, she called me about 11:30 yesterday morning and had just
dropped her other half Ron off at Urgent care because he hadn't been feeling
good for hte last couple of days either and now had a little numbness in his
legs! Keep in mind he had quintuple bypass surgery 6 years ago. So he was
admitted last night and will be undergoing a stress test this morning..

What a weekend!!! Rest of the babies are good, Don's dad had a minor heart
attack (if there is such a thing) and is doing angioplasty this morning for a
partial blockage and seems to be stable. Now the question is Ron....

Things come in threes - hopefully this is all three.

And I gotta tell you, I got home yesterday and my young GSD was like a shadow -
everywhere I went, Pepper was there. I would sit down and she would sit at my
feet and just look into my face to understand what was going on.. I would reach
to pet her and she would rest her chin on my lap.  You could just tell, she was
trying to understand what was going on and how she could help... There is
something to be said for "four legged" people!

On a side note: Argus is half a UKC champion and picked up a BIS...
Jess M.Paisley Dals (www.paisleydals.com)& The Shepherd Girls (Simmie, CGC,
TDI, TC, HIC & Pepper, HIC)Member of: DCA, GSDCA & GTCDC
See how Windows connects the people, information, and fun that are part of your
life.