[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Standard is a Moving Target!

  • From: Pinehillgsds@xxxxxxx
  • To: edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 14:35:45 -0400 (EDT)

Have you read Dave's commentary in the Review?  The car analogy?

As far as lowering the bar...we did that last year when we were the first
breed to have a fault class at our national.  I don't know how many
all-breed shows you get to...I get to a few.  We were the laughing stock of
the
fancy.  IMO deservedly so.

Now, we all get an occasional coat.  Cute puppies.

You know...I have a nephew.  He is very active in sports, skiing,
gymnastics, swimming/diving.  Very good at all to if I may say so.   So, one of
the
first times we (as a family), went to an after ski party, medals  were
awarded. I clapped for all, of course naturally louder for my  nephew,
crazy/proud aunt that I am.

Within minutes it became clear that everyone got a medal.  You could  have
gone down the slope on your behind...bronze.  That's fine when you're  five
I guess.  After a while, it's not so good.

Kathy, member GSDCA, DVGSDC
Celebrating generations  of Dual Titled TC'd Champions

visit http://www.pinehillgsds.com/

In a message dated 8/14/2013 1:50:45 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
edwinx@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

.....the  standard is what we say it is...we created it, we change it, and
sometime in  the future we will change it again......I get confused when
folks say a white  dog would be lowering the "Bar".....how so?....because of
its white  color?......some don't like blacks or sables...but if they meet the
standard  their hair color is insignificant...so whether we let whites in
or not....they  will have to compete in the same ring and conform to the same
standard....no  one is lowering the BAR...Ed

POST  is Copyrighted 2012.  All material remains the property of the

expressed in any post.