[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The Problem with our Club - Let Us Think About T his

  • From: "arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx" <arycrest@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 15:56:35 GMT

I could support a one year probation for new members (at least I'd still
qualify for membership), but I don't see how this would help our current
problem of keeping "law abiding" brokers and mill owners from joining the Club,
though it would give us more time to investigate and monitor applicants.
Is this the first time in the Club's history that an unwanted applicant was
granted admission despite broad membership opposition?  Just curious.

Gayle & the Hooligans!
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=6&uid=4294023 - Link to The
Hooligans Albums

-- BAERENTATZE312@xxxxxxx wrote:
Dania,
Thank you for your post and request.    I wouldn't want our club to be
extremely exclusive in their requirements for membership.   You and Syd have
made
valid points.   A lot of people who have German Shepherds love them but need
guidance and time to be mentored to become a desirable member.   Why not
institute a provisional one-year membership, renewable as permanent after the
year or
revocable, pending what the requirements are determined to be and if they are
met.   This would give the Club a time frame to consider permanent membership;
an engagement period so to speak.   Many major businesses hire applicants on
a probationary status until they are certain the new hire's contribution will
work out.   This would be nothing more than that and give us a legal recourse
if we need one.   Just my thoughts on it.
Best Regards,
Pat