[ SHOWGSD-L ] The National is more than a show

  • From: ELG440@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 23:10:57 EDT

In a message dated 4/14/2005 8:36:00 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,
cinosamgsd@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Wouldn't  it make more sense to have the National at the same venue every
year and have  it located smack dab in the middle of the country.  It's fun to
travel to  new locations but I think there is a comfort level associated to
familiar show  sites which would make people more inclined to go.

This approach has a great deal of appeal.  However, this  club has always
been dedicated to serve all the members.  When you move the  National around,
different people have a chance to attend a national who would  never be able to
do so.  We probably would have consistently bigger shows,  and more entries if
we held it every year in Chicago, but then how many members  would never
attend a national?

While we do need to remember the need for profit, the first  priority should
be the welfare of the dogs, then the benefit to the members, and  then the
need for profits and larger nationals.

All of those factors need to be considered, but none should be  ignored.

Evan
_Asgard German  Shepherds_ (http://www.asgardgsd.com/)
http://www.asgardgsd.com/
Where Type Movement  and Temperament come together