[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Morning Show

  • From: "Anja Heibloem-Stroud" <Anja_Heibloem-Stroud@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsdlistnew" <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 00:06:16 -0700

As a breeder for 35 years, who treats her dogs as members of the family, I was
disgusted by your program labeling "BREEDERS" as evil and lower forms of life.
The dogs you had on the show were beautiful Goldens, obviously NOT sick and
dreadful or from a bad breeder. They looked to be in excellent health, not
sickly as you alluded too! Does hardship for a breeder instantly transform
someone into a bad person? Do you also do this to other people, label them as
bad because they have fallen on bad times? Sounds like discrimination to me. I
do rescue as well as breed, the majority of dogs in the shelter are there for
the simple reason of getting loose and being at large. They are picked up for
their safety, and hopefully claimed as soon as the owner finds them missing.
Dogs turned in by owners are usually untrained and young adults. This is a
people problem, just as they don't train their children, they don't train their
animals. Futher education is the key in both cases. Have you folks ever been in
a shelter as volunteers? Have you ever contributed to rescue (any kind?) Have
you ever fostered animals? Retrained and then made sure they went to
appropriate homes? I bet not, instead you paint any and all breeders with the
same brush> You should be ashamed of yourselves!
Most good breeders support rescue, with funds and /or by fostering dogs. Do
some research before you label me as a bad breeder. Just for more info, did you
know that PETA puts to sleep 95% of all animals they get their hands on??? You
owe breeders a apology! Anja Heibloem Stroud
Anja Heibloem-Stroud
  www.pet-net.net/hausmekon/<http://www.pet-net.net/hausmekon/>