[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The List - cold and lots of NATIONALS

  • From: "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "myjoygs@xxxxxxx" for DMARC)
  • To: marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2015 08:24:40 -0500

I  would not like to see the National stay in St Louis and its close to me not
a bad drive at all.  However, I am not fond of the harder surface used at St
Louis, I like to see our dogs on sod.  I just don't think it is good for them
to be running on that surface and I think in some dogs it effects their
movement.  I know some of you will say a good dog can gait on any surface, I am
not a 100% in agreement with that.  They run on harder surfaces in All breeds
but that is a small ring and very short amount of time.  The ring size also in
my opinion could have been bigger.  I would prefer stalls vs floor space like
the all breeds.  But the site is set up for all breeds.

Sound system at Purina leaves a lot to be desired.

It is a beautiful show site and the outside rings are nice.

I really thought Topeka was a good site, hotel on the property, stalls close,
very nice place, the only thing I remember is the food was expensive but
thought otherwise it was great.  I do believe though that herding was elsewhere
which is the case in most venues.

MYJOY SHEPHERDS
Joyce Willis