[ SHOWGSD-L ] The Dog Who Could Fly

  • From: "Kathy Partch" <kathy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 13:47:25 -0700

I'm reading the most incredible book "The Dog Who Could FLY" by Damien
Lewis. Has anyone else read this amazingly true story about an edorphaned
GSD puppy not any more than 4-5 weeks old saved by a shot downed Czech
airman Robert in the 1939 World War two? I can't put the book down it's so
amazing in what this GSD & airman Robert have gone through. Both dog & man
being true heroes saving each others lives countless times!! There are
photos in the book of this GSD named Ant. And he reminds me of the same look
as Rin Tin Tin in his time. Now, the breed wasn't that old back then. How
much wolf, or shepherd types would've been in our GSDs at that time to give
them their type back then? Ant was a fairly dark looking sable. And they
talked about his lighter yellow eye and the black streak that ran down his
back. Bred a totally courageous dog in temperament - awarded the Dickin
Medal, the "Animal Victoria Cross," for his gallantry. It certainly reminds
us of the unshakable bond between us and our best friend the GSD, or any
breed of dog.

Kathy Partch www.JoKaySedona.com <http://www.jokaysedona.com/>