[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: The AKC

  • From: "Penny & Bill" <Ketchy@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "The List" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2007 06:11:29 -0500

 I strongly feel we are to blame for the reactions of others.  We as a group,
not all of us, tend to disregard the fact that there is anyone else at the
show. We are loud, obnoxious and oblivious.
The AKC has looked the other way for years and I guess we have bothered people
enough that the rep responded to complaints.  I am not agreeing or disagreeing
with the versions of what happened all I am saying is it has been coming for a
very long time.
WAKE UP AND SMELL THE ROSES....Do you want to keep going to shows and finishing
dogs, get a grip and pull together to show the people and AKC that we are
adults with our brains intact and know how to act accordingly!

Mackie Rader
*******************************
I do not condon the physical assaults that happened at the Fitchburg shows.
The people who made these claims are good and honest people--I KNOW they are
telling the truth.
BUT . .

I have to say that I agree with Mackie.  I have been showing since the 70s and
I think that doubling is rididculous.  Have I done it?  Yes and poorly.  Also,
I have been pushed aside, knocked down, sworn at and stepped on BY OUR OWN
SHEPHERD PEOPLE in their mania of doubling!  Come on!  You all know it's
insane.  I have shown other breeds to their championships (labs, pbgv)--those
exhibitors hold shepherd people in very low esteem and I can't blame them.
Doubling a dog hides a myriad of problems, including poor temperament.
The AKC is the MAN.  We enter its shows under the umbrella of its rules and
regs.  As my friend Mackie said, let's show the AKC that we are adults!
Penny