[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thanks for all the flea info

  • From: Cedarsgsd@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2007 20:58:35 EDT

I've ordered the diatomatios earth, Frontline and am picking up Borax and
Insectrin tomorrow, haven't located the Repelx yet but there are several other
types of insect repellants at my local feed store. I'm in horse country Ocala
Florida area, I'm sure I'll find something similar .I've tried the Capstar
pills  several days in a row and saw no improvement. I know, it's an ongoing
problem,  for years I have told people you have to treat the dog the house and
the yard at  the same time. Need to listen to myself now. I have trimmed my
long
coat bitch  back and gotten out most of her undercoat. Fleas this year seem
to just be  immune to everything I've been trying. My son swears by Frontline
Spray so I'll  try that. Guess my best bet now is to hope for an early frost
but since it was  over 90 today it looks like it's a while off for that.
  We are going to TN next month and staying in a friends cabin, sure  want
this solved before then, probably wouldn't be invited back if we left  fleas
behind. Thanks for all the suggestions, I'll be using all of them.
Pat Cooper
Cedars German  Shepherds