[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thank you got the answer to fault judging

  • From: EKOLAN1@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2006 00:08:15 EST

It has been very interesting reading the posts on defining fault judging. I
received many private and as you read  some on the list one said it's  like a
judge picking out a minor fault like white toenails first excusing all  the
dogs with them and then finding the winner out of what was left. another  said
was a judge picking the obvious faults like a light eye or wide set ears  which
are relatively minor eliminating these then picking the winner from what  was
left. well I guess I knew all along about this I just called it by the wrong
name I called It bad judging by a person who really does not know the
standard. I will now call it fault judging.<BG>
 The part I still don't understands this. I have listened to people  complain
about a judge doing a poor job how he or she did such a bad job how  they
should not be allowed in the ring ever again. and then six months or a year
later I see that same person showing under that same judge I asked this  person
why and this was the answer I got. Well this judge didn't seem to mind  dogs
with faults A B and C and since I have a dog with those faults I thought I  had
chance anyway my bitch queene needs a major Res. for her ROM. And that my
friends is why we have these judges.
Fred
PS some names were changed to protect the guilty