[ SHOWGSD-L ] Thank Goodness for Dogs

  • From: "pmick12" <pmick12@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Dec 2009 10:59:31 -0500

THANK GOODNESS FOR DOGS

Author Unknown

I have so much to be thankful for. I have wonderful friends and family, good
food on the table and a roof over my head.

I'm thankful for kind strangers, good neighbors and the beauty of nature.

But most of all, I am thankful for dogs.

I am thankful for the wake-up call of a cold, wet nose
and for snuggling to keep warm on chilly nights
I am blessed by the fur that is permanently embedded in everything I own
and the stray dog hairs that make their way into my lunch

I am grateful for having a third of the bed to sleep on
for getting to use half of the covers
for the tail that wags and the nose that sniffs
for the eyes that gaze longingly at my dinner plate
and for the jaws that destroy all squeakers, but never harm people

I'm beholden to the "tic, tic, tic" sound of paws on the floor
reminding me that a nail trim is due
and the forgiveness after the dreaded task is done
I appreciate the barking that tells me a stranger is at the door
and even the barking that warns of potential danger from squirrels and
pedestrians

For endless games of fetch, Frisbee and tug-o-war
for kibble-scented kisses and funky smelling feet
and for coming when called (usually)
for all this, I am glad

For the excited greeting upon my return, even if I've only been gone for a
minute
the sheer glee of puppies to the patience and wisdom of seniors
and the unconditional love and affection, especially on my darkest days
for making me feel as if I am the most special, I am thankful to my dog.