[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tbred Rescue

  • From: "Alycia Partei" <frontiergsd@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <bld4@xxxxx>, <blackhawkfarmsllc@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 10:08:15 -0700

I purchased a TB from Joe named 'Akin To Bat' BATMAN<LOL>

I had him for 2 years before I decided I needed to find him a home that
would use him to his best ability.  I found BATMAN a home with a gal that
now uses him for fighting crime - yes he is now a law enforcement mount!
BATMAN fighting crime<LOL>!

He has a bad back - which is why he couldn't run.  One of the most GORGEOUS
animals I have ever seen.   He has a chiropractor once a month and is very
well taken care of.

I couldn't imagine that boy being put down.  Joe does a fantastic job.
There was a gelding there that had a blown knee that he said would live
there forever.  Won his people over $1 million and they dumped him in a
trailer headed for slaughter.

Then there was the old blind pony that was beaten with a baseball bat
because someone got drunk and mad and decided that was an easy target.

I spent all day there looking at horses and listening to stories of why
someone put a pregnant mare who was just about to foal on the truck - and
why.....

Joe is awesome!

Alycia