[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tattoos & Microchips

  • From: "Theresa-GSD Stolz" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "scenecrest" for DMARC)
  • To: dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 09:25:52 -0700

Since the list seems not to be very active anymore, here is some food for
thought. :-)

Now this is out of a science fiction movie right now but I heard people talk
years ago about this happening.

Often when one thinks of a microchip they think of the "animal tracking device"
that is inserted into the back of the animals neck and able to be scanned by a
scanner at the veterinary clinic for records etc about the pet. Great! - so if
my dog Rover goes missing he can easily be returned to me from the details on
his microchip. - See more at:

http://www.organised-crime-of-covert-electronic-assault-nz.com/the-microchip-connection-and-you.html#sthash.yTCdYiTx.dpuf

I do know of a family that had their dog in up in a local shelter that had a
microchip. The shelter knew it did but adopted the animal anyway.
It went to court but the legal owners still did not get their dog back.
Regardless of the microchip if your dog is found loose
you can be considered a irresponsible owner. This is the main reason for
leashes, fences and training your GSD to obey and return to your side.

Theresa
scenecrest.geo@xxxxxxxxx

On Tue, 7/14/15, Diane Roberts <dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Many people do not register their microchip, I have to trace
them back with the original seller (vet, shelter) that sold them hoping
they have good records.  When breeders buy bulk chips from catalog
sales you can't trace them at all if not registered.

Diane Roberts

is Copyrighted 2015. All material remains the property of the original author
permitted without prior permission of both the original author AND of the

Each Author is responsible for the content of his/her post. This group and its
any post. POSTS CANNOT BE USED IN A COURT OF LAW.

http://showgsd.org/mail.html