[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Tank a sweet baby boy

  • From: "Janice Buchanan" <wasatchgsd@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: vallesaladogsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2008 18:26:14 -0700

Connie, I'm so sorry for the loss of this little one after all you've put
into him  At least he
was loved and cared for before leaving this world.
Since blood doesn't normally travel through the intestines, there must have
been internal
bleeding for a clot to have developed there.  Could he have had Intestinal
Bowel Disease or
SIBO?   Those could have caused bleeding and (IBD at least) could have been
genetic.
The vet may have given the people more info that they didn't understand or
were too
sad to hear.

My sympathy to all of you who gave Tank a chance to be loved,

Janice

On Tue, Dec 23, 2008 at 10:20 AM, Connie <vallesaladogsd@xxxxxxxxxxxx>wrote:

> weeks ago . He had suddenly started throwing up and gone down hill so
> quickly that they had no choice but to put him down. The vet told the people
> today that he had a blood clot in his intestine and that the cause was most
> likely genetic . Does anyone have any input on this, because I am not so
> sure about this ??
>  I pulled this 4 month old pure bred baby boy from a shelter  in NM . I
> think that this puppy had been abused , he was so afraid and hand shy, and
> in  particular afraid of falling . He had a wonderful temperament and never
> met a stranger . I would put him in the top crate at night to sleep and was
> teaching him to trust me to help him down so that he didn't land hard but he
> was so afraid . I really wonder if he wasn't injured by some sorry son of a
> you know what .
>  I was very sick the day he came and my husband had to take off work and go
> and meet the transport and bring him home . When they got out of the truck
> Mike brought him over to the window before they came in and I was talking to
> him and he was smiling and talking to me . That will always be what I
> remember . We love you Tank and we will see you at the Rainbow Bridge .
> Join us at www.GSDwest.com <http://www.gsdwest.com/> Rescue Forum and
>        networking Rescue's and Rescuers
>                   throughout the west
>
> Connie Palmer Williams - Executive Director
> German Shepherd Rescue of Central Colorado Inc.
> ..."I have promises to keep and miles to go before I sleep"...Robert Frost
>  www.GSDRColorado.com <http://www.gsdrcolorado.com/>

> POST is Copyrighted 2008.  All material remains the property of the
> original author and of GSD Communication, Inc. NO REPRODUCTIONS or FORWARDS
> of any kind are permitted without prior permission of the original author
> AND of the Showgsd-l Management. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.

> PROSECUTED.

Janice Buchanan
Wasatch-Gold German Shepherds, UT
http://wasatchgold.brinkster.net/