[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tampa Bay German Shepherd Rescue

  • From: "Diane Roberts" <dianeroberts.gsd@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 21:55:18 -0400

Hi,

We are all okay and all the Hurricane Katrina dogs that I brought back to FL
did fine though Wilma, we had a lot of rain and some downed tree branches
but that was all.  I will be going into Fort Meyers and Naples tomorrow and
do again have dogs coming into foster for their owners.

I have all the Katrina dogs except for 1 in foster care and they did fine
through the storm with no stress or fear issues.  I am again asking for long
term foster homes so owners can get their families back together when they
get back into their homes.

Please watch our website to follow the hurricane dogs and the foster family
updates.  My Webmaster Carol donates her time and does a great job on the
website and my brother donates the website. The Hurricane dogs is a new
section this year so families can see their dogs even though they are not at
home.

Thank you everyone that has helped with the dogs and the donations.  After
several trips out to LA. and the time at LSU and Gonzales plus trips into
parts of New Orleans I have been very busy.  There are 3 GSD rescues working
in the Katrina area and if people want to assist them they can e-mail me
privately and I will give you their contact information or make donations to
the AGSRA, Inc as we are sending funding to these rescues.  The New Orleans
GSD Rescue is back up and running but in a new location, Toby had
significant damage to her home and Denise has picked up the challenge and is
rebuilding from the ground up (the crates, kennels and play yards were all
destroyed) but all the dogs were safely placed into foster homes before
Katrina hit. The other two rescues in the area Becky (LA.) and Pepper (MS.)
are full with dogs waiting for their owners to come and take them home plus
many owner turned in dogs and strays that were not claimed by their owners.

I am now dealing with Hurricane Wilma dogs here in FL., even though I will
be leaving this Thursday for the National I will be on the laptop in the
evenings and my husband will be home with the dogs.  He will be picking up
the first of the owner turn-ins on Friday from the vets after his neuter.

I also want to thank the List members and GSDCA members that went and worked
the week of 16 hours days to care for all the animals at the Katrina
shelters.  I know who some of you are and have thanked you in but I am sure
there are others I did not know that were there.

Buy your AGSRA, Inc calendar at the National and don't forget to bid at the
silent auction at our table and the list raffle which also benefits rescue.

Diane Roberts

Majestic German Shepherds
Tampa Bay German Shepherd Rescue
www.tampabaygsdrescue.org
American German Shepherd Rescue Assoc, Inc
www.agsra.com
11904 Mc Mullen Loop
Riverview,  FL 33569
Phone & Fax 813-671-2913