[ SHOWGSD-L ] Tami's kinda back,on pain meds and sappy and often off topic(long)

  • From: <tho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 01:20:31 -0800

Things I learned and pondered in the last few weeks....in no special odor..oops
order
When you lie on your back in bed for 2 wks eating vicodin , just going potty
feels like you ran the Boston marathon

Medusa  could have really used thumbs but was a wonderful nurse anyway!

 Drs need a better sense of humor and surgeons rarly daraw straight lines

No matter how terribly ugly you find a part of your body to be,It can be made
to look MUCH uglier(trust me on this one folks!).

Hospital roomates do not seem to enjoy large groups of dog people visiting
their sick friends after visiting hours(esp talking about our usual fave
subjects of vomit and stool consistancy)

The lil push button morphine thingy they give you right after surgery.. lies!
It only delivers the good stuff every 6mins no matter how much you push it..

6 mins in a hospital after body modification surgery is a very LONG time!.

Green jello is disgusting!

on dogs,drain tubes are necessary,no problem to change,moniter and keep emptied
and clean...notice i said on dogs......Drain tubes on Tami make her throw up
and get dizzy....thank heaven for Margo :) and Medusa overseeing of course.

My Dr actually thought i would be sparingly sucking ice chips after surgery
till he was informed I had already put away a 6 pack of diet coke :)

Do not look for your shoes in the refrigerator while anyone is watching.they
will call people and tell them!

My chemo,and hormone surpressive therapy begins in a couple weeks.(After a long
planned westward trip i begged my Drs to let me go on and signed in blood that
id take like 6 body guards to make sure I behave myself then I come home and
see My Tony on the 15th and start part 2 of this long fight )

I have tons of bald head ideas and you will most likly get to see them all.If I
have to go through this,I plan to have a bit of fun with it too!

Lastly,something I actually already knew but had it reconfirmed for me bigtime
these last few weeks.I love you guys!Each and everyone of you.The strange
ones,those a lil warped,those wrapped up in their own opinioned selves,those
with sense of humors only they understand,the instigaters and even those few
normal ones we havent scared away yet....I love you all so very much from the
bottom of my heart!! What has brought us all together is our common love of one
of the greatest creatures in the world and we are all so very passionate about
our wonderful Shepherds weather we agree on anything else at all,I know we all
agree on that!But I know we all have a bit of something even more special
inside us Shepherd lovers.Its truely uncanny! The masses of cards and letters
and emails,and the spectacular gifts and phone calls and prayers and visits i
have received have blown me away!I could never thank you all individually,so
thanks everyone!!!!Its amazing how much just hearing from someone you admire or
miss or just adore when you are feeling sorry for yourself and think you cant
get much lower can cheer you up.Today was really the first time i have been
able to sit at the computer much and i was trying to think of what do you say
to so many wonderful friends who have helped you so much already in what I know
will be a long hard journey that I may not even win.......I got an email from
a good friend who had been to see me just before my surgery to cheer me up and
ease my fears.I had leased her Jakster daughter and She was terribly excited
about the birth of her son in a couple weeks and I took great joy in feeling
the baby kick and talking to him and we spoke of having babies
together....Sheree's email follows....

Most of you know already but to save phone calls which are not that easy right
now I thought I would send out this email. On March 14th, at a routine ob
checkup the doctor could not find our baby Christian's heartbeat. After an
emergency ultrasound our worst nightmare was confirmed- our son Christian, at
35 weeks, was dead. On Tuesday, March 15th I gave birth to my beautiful baby
boy who was already an angel in heaven. We buried him after a very special mass
at our church in which so many people came to support us. Now, we are trusting
in God as we grieve and try not to think of the what if's, the plans we had,
and the empty arms that long for our son. Our faith will see us through but
Christian, the life I had inside of me kicking and doing flips, will never be
forgotten. I have two children, one angel in heaven and one angel on earth.
Many people ask us what can they do and to that we answer please keep us and
Christian in your praye! rs.

Sheree Knola Young

Ya see guys,just when you think you hit bottom,someone dear to you hits it a
lil harder.I know all of you I love so much will share with me in this young
familys unexpected grief and alsoo keep all of our other ill and recently
departed ones and their familys close to your hearts.I saw Baby Carter
yesterday and kissed his hand!He will soon be trying another invasive treatment
to try to control his hundreds of daily seizures.Thanks to us,to YOU.....we
raised over $7000 for this sweet young dog loving family and bought him many
special pieces of medical equipment to help make his life easier.As I stated
before please let me know who still needs their items sent out and i will do
it.we still need a few things paid for like3 stud services and the Lloyd
Bracket briefcase and Kents handling weekend and Patty's handling.If you were
winning an item when it was taken down let me know and it will be honored.Ill
need a few weeks to recover a bit more but promise every bid will be delivered
and made good!Thanks my friends for being there for Me,Carter,The young Knola
famly and all those I may not know yet who mean so much to me.Sorry this is
sappy,long and all over the board but there was lots i wanted to say and im so
drugged up with pain meds its hard to focus.I appoligize!Il l also plan to be
taking my loppsided self(Thanks alot Evan...Ilean) to Visit Janet Kuster in her
nursing home on April 2nd I think and Im hoping some of you visiting for the
dog shows will join me.

All My Love,

Medusa's Mom

Tami Howard