[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Taking Hunte's $10,000

  • From: "PATRICIA WALKER" <TishWalker5@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cleary1414@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "Showgsd-L@Freelists. Org" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 16:52:24 -0500

The vast majority of GSDs in shelters come from the "one
time" breeder.  Joe & Jane down the street that for whatever inane reason
had a litter... and gave away or sold the pups to whoever came along with
the money.

We got our first GSD back in 1968 when we were in St. Louis.  She wasn't really
show quality I soon learned tho she was champion sired and one of the first to
OFA certify.  Anyway, our neighbors had a GSD called Caesar and they wanted in
the worst way to breed to our female.  I said no and we did breed her to
Caralon's Hein.  They finally found someone with a female and that female had
15 of the ugliest puppies you ever saw.  I learned what a blue was when I saw
the litter.  Anyway, they couldn't get rid of all of them and I think at least
5 went to a local pet store.  I couldn't believe there were actually 15 puppies
in that litter.

Tish