[ SHOWGSD-L ] THE END OF THE STORM NEARS

  • From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2011 12:42:52 -0400

About 7:30 am, everything that had stayed the storm disappeared - electric,
phone, Cable, internet

At 1:30 we have electric, and others have none. No rhyme or reason as to
what is out and on in our area or the City of Allentown.

Lots of huge trees snapped in half

My front acre is littered with HUGE tree parts and some smaller scatter

The dog compound, a large tree snapped in half and fell over the fence - this
will be fun trying to remove without ruining the fencing! 30 foot of the broken
tree is presently supported by 15 feet of a dead branch. A dead trap!

Still having high wind gusts.

Used the cell to speak to family on LI,NY. My aunt has our exchange
student and his wife (He was the student back in late 60s) visiting from
France. I guess they got a thrill ride to talk about when they return home.

Friends checking in - most have no phone or electric. Praise be for cell
phones. Cell is presently totally out of charge but able to be recharged in the
car.

The flood waters have receeded somewhat - our driveway is no longer a
raging river. Used the Shop vac to remove the water in the basement and
garage. Electric comes and goes. Was making coffee when it went <VBG>.
45,000 people without power in the Lehigh Valley alone.

We might go out to survey the area

Hoping to get internet back - might just take the laptop out and try to see if
the Hot spots are working!

It is 3:30 EDT.

Just learned that there will be no electric to the Cable poles until Wednesday

Half our road has no power, the other half is fine.  No power is going tothe
pole for cable, internet, phone

Then the cell phone towers went down

FUN IS

Tink refused to go out this morning as we had some winds without rain. Last
night she was enjoy the torrential rains and winds and we had to stand out
side with her to make sure she didn't get hurt!

Hope everyone else is safe

Terry, I hope the fires stay away from you!

Ileana, hope you are unscathed

Everyone who can, just send a short email that you, the dogs are okay.
Property can be repaired and rebuild, lives cannot