[ SHOWGSD-L ] Re: Sunstein confirmation - EGADS

  • From: Ruth Scheubler <rightdogphoto@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pcooke212@xxxxxxxxxxx, showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 10:36:39 -0700 (PDT)

People are surprised about form letters??
He has local offices - drop in for a heart to heart - they listen much better
and your next reply wil be a personal letter. Has worked for me for many, many
years.
Ruth

________________________________
From: "Doc Zoe" <wynsum@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:46:16 -0400
Subject: Sunstein confirmation - EGADS

On 21 Oct 2009, at 11:32, Senator_Specter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Dear Dr. BACKMAN:

Thank you for contacting my office regarding the nomination of Cass
Sunstein to be the Administrator of the Office of Information and
Regulatory Affairs (OIRA) at the Office of Management and Budget (OMB).
I appreciate your concerns and opinions on this important matter.

Mr. Sunstein brings a distinguished academic background and expertise to
OIRA.  Upon his graduation from Harvard Law School, he clerked at the
Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court, going on to clerk for Justice
Thurgood Marshall at the Supreme Court of the United States.  He has
testified before congressional committees on many subjects and has been
involved in constitution-drafting and law reform activities in a number
of different countries.  In addition to being a legal scholar and
professor at the University of Chicago Law School and Harvard Law
School, Mr. Sunstein has served on numerous committees such as the
American Bar Association (ABA) Committee on Separation of Powers and
Governmental Organizations and the President's Advisory Committee on the
Public Service Obligations of Digital Television Broadcasters.

The OIRA plays an important role in the public sphere, as it is charged
with the implementation of government-wide policies and standards with
respect to federal regulations and guidance documents, as well as
overseeing the quality, utility, and analytic rigor of information used
to support public policy.  I am confident in Mr. Sunstein's abilities to
meet the responsibilities of the office.  As my colleague Senator Hatch
(R-UT) stated, "Mr. Sunstein is a widely-respected academic who has
written extensively on our regulatory system. He has long been an
advocate of smarter, more limited regulation evaluated by a cost-benefit
analysis. For this reason, his nomination has garnered the support of
many conservative and pro-business organizations."  On September 10,
2009, I voted in favor of Mr. Sunstein's confirmation, which ultimately
passed the Senate by a margin of 57-40.

Thank you again for contacting me. The concerns of my constituents are
of great importance to me, and I rely on you and other Pennsylvanians to
inform me of your views.

<REPLY> Like my views even Mattered???

Doc Zoe
Wynsum http://wynsumgsd.com