[ SHOWGSD-L ] Summer brags

  • From: "Kris Christian" <Kris.Christian@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "showgsd-l" <showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Aug 2005 18:05:54 -0700

First pardon me if I don't follow the proper protocol here as this is my =
first posting of a brag to the list...
=20
We have had a great couple of months in show rings up and down the west =
coast. As I have been re-entering this terrific sport this year after a =
almost 20 year absence I am delighted to see how well my many friends =
from the 80's are doing and am now starting to have success as well.
=20
We (and I say this as it is a group effort) have begun to consistently =
win and are in the final preparations for our first breeding under our =
new kennel name, Pioneer Acres, to be done later this week.=20
=20
First the wins: We are campaigning two dogs right now. Eric Norby is =
handling both dogs and Joannie Intersimonie is training and conditioning =
them. They are doing a great job and I couldn't be happier. They also =
are traning and conditioning me...along with many other mentors from =
days past and this new year...THANKS TO ALL OF YOU!!!
=20
Now to the results:
=20
The first is a young male, Avion Braeburn, from Avion Kennels (Claire =
and Ed Drosdick) who is out of the fourth generation of their bitch line =
breed to Mario Fiori The Fever. This is a line breeding on GV Uecker. He =
is now 15 months and is learning his job...which is to perform in the =
ring. He now has gone winner's dog twice (the latest yesterday at =
Lompoc) and has many class wins to his credit including my favorite ones =
over the all of the BIF dogs on the west coast. Different =
day...different result...keep on showing.
=20
The second is VanDerWerth Liv Tyler Witmer OFA (H&E), a lovely bitch =
from Witmer Shepherds (Susie Witmer), that I have leased and am showing =
her to allow others to see her prior to the breeding and help her daddy =
(CH. Andre) complete his ROM. She has settled in well to her routine =
since arriving at the end of May and now has gone winner's bitch on =
three occasions. She began her season a week ago and we are coordinating =
her breeding by remote control...LOL!!! The chosen stud is CH. Avion Joe =
Boxer who is being campaigned by and is in residence with Tiffany and =
JoAnn at Joelle in Michigan. Liv is with Joannie and Eric in the SF Bay =
Area so Fed-X and modern scientific miracles will be involved...puppies =
are expected in October. We have a number of folks already interested in =
this breeding, but we are hoping for 8-9 puppies (it doesn't hurt to be =
optimisitic...) and might have a couple others available. I would be =
happy to forward pedigrees and photos to anyone interested.
=20
Best of luck to everyone and thank you so very much for welcoming me =
back into the fold. This sport is full of terrific people!!!
=20
Kris Christian
=20