[ SHOWGSD-L ] Subject: Re: breeding question

  • From: Gsdstyle@xxxxxxx
  • To: showgsd-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Sep 2008 08:07:24 EDT

From: Denise Williams   Subject: [ SHOWGSD-L ] breeding
question...............
Does anyone have any comments on faults that are very  hard to fix, and those
that can be fixed/bred for in one or two  generations.   Denise  W.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
From: Carolyn    marhaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
_www.Marhaven.com_ (http://www.Marhaven.com)  ................
I hate the way these crop up and 'haunt' a line ......and seem to be
difficult to "fix".
We avoid them like the plague........  <G>
i.e.
Missing teeth, ring tails, bad backs, long weak  loins,  and weird
croups..........YIKES!!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll add to the list of things -  long hocks are hard to  correct and short
hocks are difficult to find! I love a nice short  hock..............and, IMHO,
one of the most difficult to correct is a poor  shoulder assembly. It's also
very easy to lose. I agree with Carolyn that the  other things are also hard to
breed out, but these are two of my top ones!
Pat
Sel CH  Gus ROM; 3x Sel CH Trouble ROM; CH Maddy; CH Tia; CH Ben; CH Tarzan;
BOF Piper.  see us at _www.gsdstyle.com_ (http://www.gsdstyle.com/)  and
check out my photos at _www.snowheronstudios.com_
(http://www.snowheronstudios.com/)

deal here.